The MASTERY academic year (September through June) is divided into two semesters: 20 weeks from September through January and 20 weeks from February through June (see semester calendar for details).
- Students are expected to register in time for the beginning of the school year in September.
- Registration is only available for the entire school year.
- Drop-in to assist with the decision of which class to take is only allowed on the first class.
Early Childhood Music Programs
Early childhood music classes take place on Saturdays.
- Music for Toddlers classes are 40 minutes in length.
- Orff classes for three-year-olds are 50 minutes in length.
- Combined Orff and Kodaly classes for four- to five-year-olds are 60 minutes in length.
- Intermediate Orff and Recorder for five- to seven-year-olds.
Private lessons are given for the entire 20 weeks of each term. Each semester, private lessons must be accompanied by either a theory class or a group performance class in order to assist in the development of musicianship. Each semester ends with a student recital.
Musicianship (Theory) Classes
Young students in their first to third years of private lessons are required to take musicianship classes. These classes will be divided into groups according to age. Musicianship classes, which utilize the RCM theory books from Preparatory to Level 4, must be taken in preparation for the RCM theory courses.