During these classes, children are encouraged to explore and develop the following musical skills:
- aural, visual and physical recognition of pitch,
- playing pitched and unpitched instruments,
- awareness of and ability to play and sing to a beat,
- working musically with others,
- working musically independently,
- creation and exploration of their own musical ideas, and
- learning through songs, games, and physical movement.
Orff and Kodaly principles are applied to the activities, as appropriate.