- Registration consists of completing and signing the MSMVan Registration Form and submitting the applicable fees.
- All students must register for the entire school year. Fees are still charged for the entire year even when registration is after September 1st.
- All students aged 12 and under must combine private lessons with a group class. For students age 13 and over, assessment test is required to be exempted from any theory, sight reading and/or ear training classes. If exempted, students age 13 and over will take one of the following classes: Masterclass, choir, music appreciation, art and/or soundscape workshops.
- Students will be required to participate in a minimum of two concerts.
- Private lessons will not commence until full tuition is submitted.
- All post-dated cheques (to 08 29729BC LTD.), must be submitted at the time of registration, one dated August 31st and one for the second semester dated Jan 31st; or ten monthly cheques dated on the first of each month beginning on September 1st. A $2/month surcharge is applied to payment by monthly cheques. The NSF charge is $35.00.
Make-Up Lessons and Classes
- Only up to two lessons per semester may be changed subject to the teacher’s availability. No lessons can be carried over to the next semester.
- There are no make-up sessions for group classes.
- If the teacher is absent, then the lesson will be made up.
Missed Lesson Policy
The school requires notification of a missed lesson from the student or parent at least 24 hours ahead.
Refunds and Withdrawal Policy
- There are no refunds for scheduled trial lessons, group classes, or summer lessons.
- Written notice, not fewer than 30 days ahead, is required to withdraw from private lessons for all semesters.
- Only the lessons remaining after the 30-day period will be refunded.
- A $30.00 administration fee is applied to all refunds.
- No refunds will be issued after March 1st.
There is no extension of lesson time for latecomers. However, if the teacher is late, the missed time will be made up.
All communication relating to lesson changes and all other issues regarding the lessons must be through the MSMVan office. Teachers’ personal contact information cannot be given out.
MSMVan is closed for two weeks during the Christmas winter break except for makeup lessons. The school is open on all other statutory holidays, and students are expected to attend lessons at their usual scheduled time on such days unless arrangements have been made in advance to have the lesson rescheduled.
Occasionally, MSMVan music students will appear on photographs and videos, which may be used in the school’s website or for documentation purposes.
Responsibility for Damage
The cost of repairing damage to MSMVan property caused by a student shall be born by the parent(s) or guardian(s).