During these classes, children are encouraged to explore and develop the following musical skills:
- aural, visual and physical recognition of pitch,
- playing pitched and unpitched instruments,
- awareness of and ability to play and sing to a beat,
- working musically with others,
- working musically independently,
- creation and exploration of their own musical ideas, and
- learning through songs, games, and physical movement.
Orff and Kodaly principles are applied to the activities, as appropriate.
Teacher (Early Childhood Music)
- Toddlers class (under age 3): Saturdays, 9:30 – 10:10 a.m.
- Ages 3 to 4: Saturdays, 10:10 – 11:00 a.m.
- Ages 4 to 5 (includes Orff and Kodaly): Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Ages 5 to 7: Intermediate Orff and Recorder: Saturdays, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.